Thursday, May 2, 2013

Monday, April 29 / 2013

Heading Out
We are off again and the wind has not let up at all.  In fact, I think it is blowing even harder.  What is with that?   Before we left, I headed over to the gas station to see if I could find another gas cap but alas, it was not to be.  I stuffed a rag into the tank and drove down the road.  There will be a place to buy one somewhere along the way.  In the mean time, I will have to stop when I change tanks and switch the one remaining gas cap to the tank that I am running on.  What a pain that is going to be.   One I will bear in silence because if I had not forgot to put the cap on in the first place, I would not find myself in this situation!!
Montana




Trying to snow
I think God is really trying to really test my driving skills.  First all this frigging wind and now snow!!  Holy Buckets Batman!!
Marie going down the road


Helena MT
Out of Idaho and into Montana.  The last state we have to drive through before hitting the US/Canada border.  Oh I am so close to home I can hardly believe it.
Today we are once again driving through tons of wind.  The camper is being pushed around a lot today and I have to be really aware of this.  At one point, the wind even pushed me into the other lane.  It is a good thing that I want to get home or I would pull this rig over and wait until the wind stopped.  Maybe tomorrow will be better!!

Missouri River



Goodbye Mountains

Heading to Great Falls MT

Flying J

The airport runways are just behind the buildings

Our spot for the night
We stopped in Great Falls, Montana for the night.  We are only a few hundred miles from home.  While  at this spot, the airplanes were taking off and it was quite spectacular to see.  Remarkably, the sound was not all that bad as the wind must have been carrying it away.   Oh ya, the wind.  Got to love that crap!!  I am tired just fighting it all day so am glad we stopped here tonight.
There was no sitting outside for a refreshment tonight. Hell, the wind would have blown the chairs away!!   Hogan is not impressed either.  Too windy and too cold for him.  I did abandon my capris and flip flops today and now have on my jeans (or as they say in Arizona, my long pants) and runners......so not cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment