Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Friday, May 17/2013

I am up early, my throat is sore and I am coughing.  Thanks for sharing John!!  I have to work tomorrow and will not quit fighting this darn cold.  I am popping echinacea like crazy so hopefully that will help a bit.
I chatted with Kay this morning for a while.  She has finally started work and now travels 60 miles one way to the job site.  Not too bad I guess, if you say it quick.  She is working a four day work week so will have a long weekend every weekend which is a good thing for her.
Now, I must get my arse into gear and get this bus "road" ready.  We can't have a bunch of stuff flying around in here while we are travelling!!  That would not be cool.
We left the farm yard around noon and started our final "leg" home.  We got to Saskatoon and stopped at Jace's shop to pick up his truck.  It is now ours, or will be as soon as him and Kim come and pick up Frankenjeep.  In the mean time, "Old Blue" will sit in Leoville so that we have some wheels to drive.  We stopped at SGI for plates then left the bus parked at the shop and took the truck and camper out to Martensville where we will leave it.  It needs a Saskatchewan safety done on it in order to get it licensed.  Not only is it from out of province, it is from out of county!!
With that job done, we headed back to Saskatoon to get the bus.
The final leg of our journey "home" was upon us.  I am so excited to be finally headed home.  I can't wait to just be able to sit and run my feet through the green grass!!
I was driving "Old Blue" home and following John.  The trip was uneventful until we hit a rain storm and I found out that the windshield wipers did not work.  Great...now how in the hell am I supposed to see the road?  Jace failed to mention that the wipers didn't work!!  It was a good thing that I was close to the Shell Lake turn off as I managed to drive to the gas station at the junction to clean off the windows.  When I got out, I heard the most God Awful noise coming from under the hood and I thought that there was something terribly wrong with the motor.  Good God,  have I just wrecked the damn motor??!!  Shit, Oh Dear!!  John had turned at the corner and was no where to be seen.  Thanks Buddy!!   While standing by the truck with a rather bewildered look on my face, I noted that the noise coming from under the hood had a definite rhythm to it and thought that it sounded like the wiper motor.  It was working but not engaging the wipers.  With that thought in mind, I grabbed one of the wipers and gently "assisted" it across the window....it worked!!  Woo Hoo!!   I now had manual wipers!!  Only thing wrong with this picture was that I would have to stop the truck, get out and move the wiper by hand!!  Hmmmm.....
With the window clear of rain I headed down the road in hot pursuit of John who was now miles ahead of me hoping, that the rain would hold off until I was home.  Of course that was not to be and I had to go through another bit of a shower however, it was not so hard so the windshield actually stayed fairly clear.  I did not have to stop.
I hit Spiritwood and found John waiting on the side of the road.  From here I took the lead home and we arrived in Leoville about 5:00 p.m.  It is so good to be home.
John unhooked the trailer out in the street in front of the yard and then parked the bus.  We were both hoping that the ground would be dry and hard enough to support the bus.  Lucky for us, it was and we were soon parked and HOME!!
We were greeted by several of the neighbours and all welcomed us back.   One of the neighbours (Joann) was driving by and stopped, saying she was really glad to see us home as she was wondering if she had to work by herself tomorrow as I am scheduled to "report for duty" tomorrow.  Not to worry, we cut it short but I am ready to go!!
Eventually, Dave and Gary both wandered over and we enjoyed a beer with them.. Shirley arrived home from work and we were able to all sit around exchanging tales of our winter.
Oh, it is so good to finally be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment