Friday, May 10, 2013

Thursday, May 9/201

It is chilly in the bus this morning.  I wonder who forgot to leave the heater on?  John woke me up with his stupid coughing this morning.  I think he is trying to get a cold but, I have started the echinacea on him so hopefully that will kick in and help.
Today, I am headed into Saskatoon to get my eye examination.  It is time and my current lens are so scratched that I have become an expert in looking around and through the scratches!!
$870.00 later, I have my new specks on order.  Hopefully, they arrive before I have to head home.  I work on the 18th so John and I must leave no later than the 17th.  I hate cutting things so close.  If they aren't ready, then I will have to make another trip back to Saskatoon to get them.  With the trifocal (progressive lens) in them, I can not really have them adjusted before hand as the three fields of vision have to be sitting "just right"!!
After the eye appointment, I headed over to my sister's for a much needed, long awaited visit.  It was so good the see her again.  Not being able to sit and visit with her is one of the hardest thing about heading down to Arizona for the winter.  I miss our "around the table" conversations and somehow the long distance phone calls just don't cut it.
Erin (my niece) was on one of her days off so I was lucky enough to visit with her as well.  Erin's boys Ronin and Caelan have sure grown and I did make the mistake of calling Caelan by his name.  He quickly informed me that he was Captain America!!  How was I to know that one of my great nephews was a super hero!!
I spent the rest of the afternoon at Jan's and enjoyed their company immensely.  All too soon, it was time to head back to the farm.  Kimmy is coming out for supper and I was responsible for salad and dessert.
Back at the farm, supper was smelling awesome and of course the hockey game was on.  John and Bernie bantered back and forth over their teams but it was Bernie who ended up the "sad panda" as his Montreal Canadiens were eliminated from the playoffs.
Kimmy, Gloria and I sat around the kitchen table "girl" talking!!
Supper was totally awesome (as usual) and then once the dishes were done, Kimmy headed back to the city and John and I headed to the bus.
Gloria's parents are coming in tonight from Yorkton via the bus and Bernie has been elected to go and pick them up.  They will be staying for the Mother's Day weekend and perhaps longer.  Gloria  was not too sure how long they were planning on staying.  It is quite convenient though, as Gloria now works from home so, she can visit at her leisure.
All in all, it has been another good day.   Tomorrow, it is back to the dentist for me.  Gosh, I will be glad when all this darn running around is over with!!


No comments:

Post a Comment