Saturday, May 4, 2013

Thursday, May 2/2013

It is time to head off down the road again today.  We have about 40 miles of total "shitty" road to travel today.  It will be filled with tons of potholes and broken pavement.  It astounds me how this province can allow a road to deteriorate to such as extend.  I would think that it is a huge blight on our face to have a road in this condition to welcome visitors to our province.
We arrived in Swift Current and stopped at the A&W for what is now an annual tradition for John and I.  We have not had a decent burger since we left Canada and this is our Welcome back to Canada Burger!!   Mmmmm.
We also stopped at the liquor store to pick up beer as the one 30 pack that we crossed the border with is getting rather low!!  I must say, it is always a shock the first time I have to shell out money for beer here in Canada!!   $38.99 for a 24 pack, is a far cry from, $17.99 for a 30 pack!!  Some things are cheaper in the US of A!!
We drove to our parking spot for the night and settled in.  We are currently sitting in a roadside campground close to the town of Elrose.  It is a cute little spot and we use it most of the time.
John got out and hit Hogan's tennis ball around for him and had to chuckle when it went into the snow bank that remained by the trees, as he was not too sure about going in to get it!!
I settled into my lawn chair to read and enjoy the last of the sunshine.  John made three laps around the campground in his continuing quest to walk every night.   Me, I sat in the chair, with a beer!!
Hockey playoffs are on so the evening was spent in front of the TV.  Then, it was bedtime.  I still have no cell service so I am really pissed about that.  I hate that effin phone!!   One should never go to bed with hate - it makes you have bad dreams.
A little frost on the chair

Heading out


Val Marie, SK


Starting to seed

Still a little snow around




Sask Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment