Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sunday, May 19/2013

Once again, I am off to work and certainly do not feel any better.  It will be another looong day!!  I made it through though and,  once again dragged my ass home.
John was not back from his ride yet and I was more than happy to come home to an empty bus and be able to sit and wallow in my cold, sore throat and aching back.  God, I am not sure if I am going to "make it".  Luckily, I do not have to get up in the morning as I am now scheduled for two night shifts.  It is not unusual to be scheduled for 2 days then 2 nights and normally it is not a big deal.  It is something entirely different when one is battling "death"!!
John came home about an hour later ( he had been over at Dave and Shirley's) and had all sorts of tales about his day's adventures.  It sounded like they had a good time and of course when ever Gary rides along, it is always an adventure.  Today, I guess he fell off his quad into a huge mud puddle.  It was a struggle for him but he managed to save his quad from getting water into the engine through the snorkels!!  He ended up totally soaked and was not able to save his pack of smokes!!
Needless to say, the guys had a good time but John did mention that  he was surprised at just how dry the forest actually was so, that does not sit very well for forest fires.  Hopefully we get rain off and on throughout the summer to ease that risk.
Once again, I headed to bed early taking with me the last of the cough candies, the Vicks Vaporub, the kleenex and some prayers that I would make it through the night.  No really....I was really thinking this could be the end!!  OK, maybe that is a little dramatic but I really felt awful.  Damn you John and your sharing!!  Some things are best kept to yourself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment