Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tuesday, May 7/2013

I am headed into the city today to do some running.  I have to deal with the phone and make a few more stops in my travels today.
It is windy outside today and the dust is blowing like crazy.  It is a good thing John and I are not planning on travelling North as the wind would make that just a bit more uglier.
I finally made it back to the farm and now have a "loaner" phone with me.   No one at the SaskTel office had any idea as to what was wrong with my phone.  It will be sent in for repairs and if it is not fixable, then I will get a new one.  Thank Heavens for warranty!!
Casey phoned us asking if his Dad could bring Kimmy's car trailer into the city and help him get his truck out of impound.  He was involved in as accident a week or so ago and now his truck needed to be   brought out to the farm.
We headed into town, got the truck and returned to the farm.  Although the truck was still "drivable" (it managed to make it up and off the trailer) it is what I would consider "totalled".  It is such a good thing that he owes no money on it as he will have enough expenses hanging over his head after this bit on nonsense!!
It was happy hour when we arrived back at the farm so that was a darn good thing.  After seeing the massive destruction on Casey's truck, I needed a drink.....or two!!
Gloria had supper going and while I was in town I picked up fixings for salad and dessert.  Before too long, supper was ready and we were eating in the living room as the hockey game was on.  John was cheering for the opposite team as Bernie so the room was filled with constant banter between the two of them.  Thank Heavens the dishes needed to be done as Gloria and I did manage to get a break from it!!
Eventually, it was time to call it an evening and John and I headed back to the bus where he watched even more hockey and I crawled into bed with Hogan and my book.
All in all, it was a good day although seeing the damage on Casey's truck was rather disturbing.  Once again, I thank the Lord for watching over him and only hope that this is yet another lesson from which Casey can learn from.  I am not sure how many more lives this cat has!!  Oh Ya, I have a dozen more grey hair!!  Thanks Caseman!!
Whats left of Casey's truck



No comments:

Post a Comment