Saturday, May 11, 2013

Friday, May 10/2013

Once again, my eyes have popped open very early this morning.  I guess my body is preparing me for the early morning alarm when I have to be at work for 7:00 a.m.
It was windy all day yesterday and throughout the night and I see that it is still blowing this morning although I don't think it is quite as bad.  The only good thing about this is that it is drying the land so hopefully the farmers will be able to get their seeding done a bit sooner.  We can only hope.
There is still lots of flooding in the province and more to come as there is still lots of ice that needs to melt.
I headed back into the city today for my dentist appointment.  Once that was done, I headed over to the income tax man and got all that nonsense done so now I can scratch that off my list.    I stopped at the grocery store, the liquor store (cause after I found out how much I owed of my tax return, I needed a drink) the gas station and then finally,  headed back to the farm.
When I arrived at the farm  Larry was there visiting with John.  They had a good winter in Arizona and are thinking about heading into Texas for the next winter season.  They have friends and relatives there I think so, that just may be fun for them as well and they will see even more county.
When Larry left, John and I headed back into the city to check out a new quad.  John has been busy getting quotes and comparing prices so now it is crunch time.  I think he wants a new one for Sunday's ride.  Gee....lets not leave everything till the last minute!!  LOL.
As it turns out, there was one sitting on the showroom floor and we are picking it up tomorrow afternoon!!   Wow, that was quick.  I felt like the woman on that TV commercial who goes into the butcher shop and orders that car hanging on the hook!!
By the time we arrived home, it was happy hour.  It is good that I stopped at the liquor store!!
Gloria's parents had arrived late last night so we were able to chat with them for a while as well as her sister Debbie who arrived today.  It was fun sitting around the kitchen table with the girls while the guys sat in the living room watching hockey.
Gloria, once again, cooked an awesome supper and we all enjoyed it except Bernie who had to leave and head over to the Saskatoon International Raceway where he was announcing tonight's event.  We did save him a plate of food for when he got back to the house.
Gloria and Deb then had to run into Saskatoon to get some stuff for Gloria's first Sunset Gourmet party tomorrow so John and I headed back to the bus.
It has been a rather busy day for me and I am ready to sit, relax and read some of my book.  Hogan keeps looking at me so I know he is ready for his evening cuddles.
All in all, another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment