Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday, May 3/2013

I am awake early and see that is is rather overcast outside.  There is no sunshine to be seen.  What is with that?  It is supposed to be nice out all this week with temperature getting into the double digits so this is definitely not the way to start.
We are on our last day of travel and are about 2 hours away from the farm yard.  It will be so good to finally be in Saskatoon.  I am looking forward to seeing friends and family.  I am really looking forward to the fact that I do not have to wake up and drive tomorrow!!  I really am not that into it!!
Arrived safe and sound at the farm yard and it is so nice to finally "almost" home.  Of course, Leoville is our final destination and we will be there before the long weekend in May as that is when I am scheduled to work.  In the mean time, it is doctors and dentists and shopping for my garden seeds!!  I think our week here will go by rather quickly.
The farm yard was incredibly free from snow.  There was a huge water puddle lying behind one of the many buildings and Bernie was just getting ready to set up the pump and drain it into a nearby field.  Hogan was busy running in and out of the water having a great time.  I think he is happy there are no prickles to stick into his feet!!
The boys came out to see us this evening along with Kellen and Chris (two of our "adopted" boys).  It was so good to see them all and I got as many hugs in as I could.  I was even happy to see all the dogs, of which there were five!!   Kellen's new little puppy is so cute and cuddly but man, does he ever have some feet he has to grow into!!
Jace brought out pizza for supper and between watching the hockey playoffs on TV, chatting with the kids and drinking beer and eating pizza it turned out to be a fun evening.  Jace eventually got a fire going in the big pit and we moved down to it to ease the chill of the evening.
Eventually it was time for everyone to head on home ending an awesome evening.  It sure is good to be home!!
Our spot for the night

Heading out


Lots of water

Some snow left



Almost there

No comments:

Post a Comment