Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Saturday, May 11/2013

Well, the wind seems to have died down a bit and that is a good thing.  Two days of blow is plenty!!
The sun is shining and although it is, the temperature remains chilly.  Tomorrow, it is supposed to be 30C (86F).  Only here can it be 6C (43F) one day and 30C the next.  Crazy and I am not sure if I believe the weatherman on that one!!
There is a BBQ planned for tonight's supper and it sounds like Kimmy's sister is coming as well as Jace and Kimmy.  It is an early Mother's Day thing as there is quadding planned for Sunday so Karen decided to have it today.  I have to make a couple of salads for tonight so have decided to do an oriental salad and a cauliflower and broccoli salad.  Both are pretty easy to throw together.
Gloria's Sunset party is this afternoon and unfortunately I will have to miss it as the pick up time for the new quad conflicts with it.  Oh well, maybe there will be a few leftovers for me to sample!!
We headed into Saskatoon to pick up the quad then stopped by Jace's shop to pick up his Rhino.  It will be going back to the farm to sit for the summer.  It requires a new axle then I think once that is done, it will be up for sale.
Jace was surprised to see the new quad but not really.  He knew that John was wanting one so no surprise that he ended up getting one.
Chris came by while we were at the shop with a different truck.  He had just bought it from a guy in Alberta.  He needed something that would tow his new toy hauler trailer so now he is all set to go for the summer.
We also saw Cody at the shop.  He was wearing the brightest lime green runners I had ever seen.  Of course they looked absolutely "at home" on him.  He was "styling"!!
Once back at the farm, it was time to sit and relax and get ready for the big Mother's Day BBQ.  Karen arrived with all the deserts , I got the last of the two salads I was bringing made and Gloria was busy tossing together her pasta salad and the potato salad.  There is definitely not going to be a shortage of food.
Don (Gloria's brother) and Riley arrived, then Casey and Cameron.  We had a full deck!!
John cooked the burgers and smokies and then it was time to chow down.  What an awesome meal and the desserts were amazing.
I went to bed a full, happy camper.  We are planning on quadding tomorrow for Mother's Day so I need my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment