Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Monday, May 13/2013

Oh Dear, I think I have been hit by a truck this morning.  Man, the old grey mare is definitely NOT what she used to be this morning!!  My first stop out of bed was at the tylenol bottle!!
John and I are supposed to be driving Jace out to the farm today so it will be a "physically" a quiet day so I think I can handle that!!   If I had to do anything too strenuous, well, that just wasn't going to be happening today!!
Jace arrived about noon and we were soon on our way.  We have at least a two hour drive ahead of us and that would be one way!!
When we arrived at the farm, Jace took us out to the field to show us the fancy huge tractor with the tracks and the 75 feet of air seeder and fertilizer rig it pulls.  It was huge and Bryce was kind enough to let John join him in the tractor to show him how all that fancy stuff works,  John was impressed and marvelled at how far technology had come since he was farming.
Jace then drove us to the farm yard and I was able to check out the house and the yard.  What a cute little house.  John of course was more interested in all the fancy new granaries and what not.  We also got to meet Papa Larry (Bryce's Dad).  He was on his way out to another field with another tractor with tracks (I guess they own two of these huge beasts) and a huge expanse of harrows.  There was lots of activity around the farm and seeding is underway.
We left Jace and headed back to Saskatoon where we arrived in time to watch the hockey game!!
It was so beautiful that we sat out on the deck enjoying the sunshine until it was time for supper.  Gloria made lasagna and it was totally awesome.  I managed to throw in a couple loads of laundry today as well.  One before we left to take Jace to the farm and one after getting back.
With supper over, both John and I headed back to the bus.  We are both tired and he is still fighting this cold.  Kimmy headed back to town as she was tired too.  It wasn't too long before all the lights were out in the house.   It was an early evening for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment