Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday, January 12/2011






Today, I awoke to beautiful bright sunshine and already it is warm out. I haven't looked at the weather for this area yet but larry tells me it is back into the 70s again and away from freezing at night. Yeah!! Enough of this cloudy and cool weather. I have to get working on my tan again so that I will really be brown by the time Jace and Kim arrive in March - only 50 more sleeps!!
Trueman stopped by this morning for coffee and I questioned him about the old mine shaft that Ben and I came across while we were walking between out camps. Trueman was well aware of it (no surprise there) and called it the "owl shaft" because the last time he had been there, an owl had flown out of the shaft - thus, the name. It is a straight vertical shaft that is probably close to 30 feet deep and could pose quite a hazard if one was not looking where they were walking!! Thee are hazards everywhere in this desert. I guess that is what makes it so unique and interesting.
The sun shone all day making Larry even shed his fleece lined vest and his jacket!! I nearly fell over when he came around the corner with just his shirt on!! Holy Shit!! It must be getting warmer!!
As you can see, Hogan has a special bond with Ariane and insists on sharing everything - even her chair!!
Ariane and I were supposed to be going for a walk with Ben today, but procrastinated long enough for it to get too hot to walk so I guess we had better plan on going tomorrow before it get too hot.
Ariane was on the phone trying to sort out her Roger's service and came over to the bus so frustrated that I thought she was going to beat us all up!! Now when she gets mad, everyone had better stand back and I am glad that the Rogers people were not within arms reach!! There may have been murder and mayhem!!
Happy hour came early then, it was time for a few hand of Kaiser, then supper and soon we were enjoying yet another sunset. A wonderful end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment