Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday, January 29/2011

I was not up as early as I usually am and I am feeling a bit ragged around the edges today but I guess that is the price you pay when you party hardy!! It sure is noisy here in town and I can't hear the birds chirping. There is no end to the diesel pickups going past us though!!
We stopped at the Safeway to restock the larder, then headed back out to the peace and quiet of the desert. All was well at the campsite and we were soon parked and ready to enjoy the rest of the day. Ben stopped by for a bit of a chat and then Trueman stopped by as well. It is so nice to have people stop and chat and to just say "hi". Ben and I have a hike planned for tomorrow so I had better get rested up for that.
John's Mom and her friend Georgie are leaving Saskatoon today and are heading down this way for a bit of a vacation. Georgie and her husband have a place south of Phoenix and they will be there trying to sell it as Georgie's husband is no longer able to come here for health reasons. He is now confined to a wheelchair with severe parkinsons disease and has been put into a care home. They are to cross the border on Monday and travel according to the road conditions and the weather. It will be good to see them for a day or two or however long they plan on staying here, although I know Georgie is anxious to get to her place and get the thing sold. It will be a nice break for both of the girls as it is -28C at home today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment