Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, January 20/2011


The sun is shining like crazy this morning and I think it is going to be a warm one today.
I spoke to Jan on skype and it was good to hear her voice. Texting is great but to hear a voice is even better. It is -39 with the windchill there today so that is cold, cold and cold!! But it is to be warming up by the weekend so they are really looking forward to that. Ron was home today so I told him I had a couple of carpentry jobs for him when we got back. I want him to fix our kitchen table and to make me a step that is more sturdier than the one I am using now. I told him I wanted it made out of the expensive "designer" 2x4s and he mentioned something about Braziian Cherry Wood!! Nothing but the best for me to be stepping on!!
Ben stopped by and dropped Grace off. He is headed into Phoenix and will be back later this afternoon. Grace can hang out here for the day with Hogan.
John was busy working on the jeep (almost getting tired of typing those words!!) and I sat down to finish our little camping table that Jace made us when he was in high school. It is about time I finished that project too!! It sure looks nice - even if I do say so myself!!
I also have another walking stick I have decided to work on. Ben found some old saguaro spines and those being so unique, I decided I wanted another stick so he sanded one down for me and I am currently putting a few personal touches to it. Hopefully, it turns out as nice as the table did.
Ben returned sooner that I thought he would with his friend Everret, who had been vacationing in Costa Rica - Rizzo's owner. Grace certainly knows the sound of Ben's truck because as soon as she heard it, she was gone!!
It was a good day and tomorrow is looking pretty good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment