Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14/2011






Oh my, I awoke this moning to bright sunshine and not one cloud in the sky. It is going to be hot one today. I did a quick check of the 10 day forecast and it looks like it is going to be 75F (24C) by Monday!! Yeehaw!! Only 71F today but that is plenty warm enough to get the suntanning started again!! Larry will once again be in his shirtsleeves and this is when we know for sure that it is warm out!! Just in case anyone is wondering, it is going to be -24C on Monday at home - sorry folks, don't forget to bundle up and make sure you plug in your vehicle!
I got a couple of pics of the morning sky with one showing Vulture Peak as the sunshine is catching it. Hopefully it has turned out the way I want it to.
Ben needed to go into town today for a few hours so I looked after Grace. Hogan and her played all day but took several naps because of the heat.
The birds have been busy at the birdfeeder again today and I notice that they go thorough a feeder full each day - greedy little suckers!!
Ben returned to camp just in time for "happy hour" so stayed for a beer then headed home with some homemade chili and a fresh kaiser bun. I knew he would be tired after all day in town so made a pot of chili for sharing. He looked tired but put on a brave face. He had instructions to go home, eat, then go to bed early.
The sunset was absolutely gorgeous and after three attempts, I finally got the "panoramic" shot that I wanted. John can post it and you can decide for yourself. Enjoy!! Each evening I find myself waiting to see what spectacular site Nature has prepared for me and the camera. I know that Saskatchewan is "the land of the living skies" but, Arizona is definitely tops in the sunsets.
The evening, once again ended with Kaiser and, by the sounds of the name-calling that is flying around the table ... this is getting to be a rough crowd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment