Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday, January 21/2011

Hot again today and John worked on the jeep and I finally finished the table. Now all it needs is a good coat of varathane or something along those lines and it will be ready for use. Ben stopped by for a quick visit, he had been in town earlier and brought John some packages that were at the UPS store for him - what a sweet man he is. Now, hopefully, John has most of the things he needs to get the jeep running.
Oh, by the way, the jeep has a name --- "Frank". Now you may think this is a real strange name, but we came by it quite honestly. When John and I were discussing some of the parts and pieces of the jeep, I said something along the lines of "well isn't that an original piece?", and John looked at me with a rather funny look on his face and said "there are not very many original parts on this jeep - it is a Frankenjeep" Hence - the name Frank. I think it is rather noble and stately, don't you?
We met Ben's friend Everret today and for someone who has been in Puerto Rico for a month, he sure isn't very tanned - in fact, he was rather pale. When I mentioned this to him he told me he had been in the jungle for the most part and there is not much sun gracing the jungle floor. By the look of him, I believe him!!
Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to squeeze in a bit of a hike. It is time to get back into gear after taking a couple days off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment