Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday, January 8/2011

Hogan and I are once again up early to greet the day. Ben has come down the hill and said that he thinks he is ready to move camp today. Being that I am free today with no real plans, I told him that I would help him with the move. I like the spot he has chosen to move to and I know that there will be much less wind at the new site. There are a few taller Palo Verde trees at the new site so he will be able to tie his tarp off to these for better stability. We will move his tent first and get that set up for him so that when he gets tired he has his tent and bed all set up and can just crawl into bed and go to sleep for the night and not have to worry about having to set it up when he is tired. I learned this trick from my Mom when we were moving every few years when I was growing up. She always set up the beds first so that when we were tired after the day's move, we could always just crawl into our beds for a good night's sleep. There may have be a million boxes around us but, we always had a bed to sleep in at the end of the day. Thanks Mom!!
It took Ben and I all day to get his tent and tarp all set up and ready to go. Ariane helped move a load of his stuff too. There were a few rocks that had to be raked away from where the tent was going to sit and once that was done, the tent went up without a hitch. All the linen was put inside and home sweet home was once again established. I couldn't believe it had taken us most of the day!! Ben and I must be slowing down!!
John spent a quiet day bonding with the Jeep!! I should mention, that I did get home in time for happy hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment