Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15/2011



Sunshine again!! What a surprise!! Hogan and I are up early again. John continues to cough and he sounds like various barn animals when he breathes so I might just as well be sleeping in the barn as opposed to my nice warm bed!! He has become "one" with Buckley's Cough Syrup and makes all sorts of weird faces when he drinks it!! I listened to his chest last night with the stethoscope and it actually sounded pretty clear so that is a good thing. It is just a cold so it too will pass.
Ben and I are headed into town today to check out a couple of bargain stores he has found so that sounds like fun. I might just as well stop at Safeway and restock the cupboards and fridge while I am there.
Hopefully we will not get too carried away and will get back here in time for a hike, before it gets to hot to move.
Finally got back from town and what a time we had!! We did all the thrift stores and finally ended up at a flea market about 10 miles from here!! I bought a "new to me" fold down camping table for $3.00 (a steal of a deal!!) and bartered for an antique oil lantern which I managed to get for $5.oo!! It was great fun and we managed to kill most of the day!!
Being Saturday, it was campfire and steak night and the evening was clear and warm. The stars were out in glorious numbers and being that the moon is close to full, it was quite bright out. All in all, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment