Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday, January 28/2011

I love waking up and listening to the birds chirping. They are loud and so very busy at the feeder. The doves are busy on the ground as the finches are very messy and seem to drop more seed on the ground than what I think is necessary!! The hummingbirds are busy flying here and there and often stop at the finch feeder to check things out. If you sit quietly, you can hear their little beaks tapping at the feeder. They were busy checking out the yellow moons on the camping table yesterday while I was sitting beside it painting the other table and you could hear their beaks tapping the moon!! I walked over to check the syrup in their feeder and as I was standing there with one hand on the top of the feeder and the other hand on the bottom of it, one actually came over and decided to sit a spell on the perch and feed!! So, here I was standing still getting a close up of my little hummingbird and wondering just how long I would have to stand still. Fortunately, I didn't have to stand there for too long as the little thing took flight about 45 seconds after he landed. He certainly had no fear of me though. There were three at the feeder the other day and I must say they are rather territorial and waste no time in chasing each other off. Gosh, how lucky am I that I get all this entertainment with my morning coffee!!
We headed into town today as it is time to dump the tanks and take on water. We will park at Tommy's lot just a block away from the Seven tonight so that there is no drinking and driving going on!! It was great fun and as usual, the night was capped off with a yahtzee game and to everyone surprise - I lost again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment