Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday, January 23/2011

Although it is sunny today, there is a nasty little wind blowing. It is a good thing we keep a clean camp as I am sure I would be retrieving all sorts of stuff that had blown into the thorny trees nearby. I noticed that the tarp over the jeep has come undone on one end and is flapping in the breeze. I did a quick check of the up coming weather and today it says windy (32km/hr) but sunny and will remain sunny for the next ten days ranging from the low to mid 70s. No problem!!
It was a quiet day today with me getting my arse kicked once again in Yahtzee then watching the football games. Ben stopped by and left the can of varnish for me to use on the camping table but being so windy today, I will save that job for tomorrow.
I spoke with Jan today and she text that the water is dripping off the eaves today as the temperature has risen to well above freezing. For anyone who has lived through a Canadian winter, you know that this is a double edged sword. Although it is absolutely beautiful during the day, all that melted snow freezes and make the loveliest ice making it very hazardous to walk or drive. As I was lying in bed tonight (John was listening to the news) I heard there was a travel advisory out - the roads are extremely slippery and travel is NOT RECOMMENDED. Surprise, surprise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment