Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, January 24/2011






Well what a difference a day makes. The sun is shining and there is not a breath of wind to be heard or felt. It looks like I will be able to get that varnish on the little camping table and then we can start using it again. I took a couple of pics of it today so that everyone can see what I have done.
Ariane sent me an email yesterday, they are in Brenda Az till the middle of February. John and I were wondering how far they got so it was good to hear from her. I answered her today and caught her up on all my news, which wasn't very much!!
I really must go fill the bird feeder today. I didn't fill it yesterday (as it was so windy out I didn't even venture out for more than a few minutes) so they might be mad at me!! I must fill the water dish as well. I love watching them drink. Even Mr Woodpecker was down having a drink the other day. He had a lovely red blaze on his head so I will have to look him up on google to see what kind of woodpecker he is.
Ben stopped by on his way into town and asked if I wanted to go in with him or if he could pick anything up for me and since I was on a mission to finish the table I stayed here at camp. He then stopped by on his way from town and the three of us sat and enjoyed the weather and had a couple of beverages to wash away the day's dust!! He got a call from his son Bennie who had asked him to make him a walking stick as he has scheduled a hiking trip to Peru and needs one. He also asked me to post a pic of the sticks and so I had Ben hold the stick he was planning on sending to his son. It has the most incredible finish on it and the color is awesome. I am sure he will enjoy many happy hikes with it. The stick with the wolf and the moon is the one I decorated for myself and is not quite finished yet. I am determined to hang some genuine turquoise from it - making it my official Arizona walking stick!!
Grace and Hogan played like a couple of kids and we finally got smart and removed Hogan's collar - now Grace can't grab it and haul Hogan around like a rag doll!!
John got his "list" of stuff he needs to finish the jeep off and Ben and I are headed into town tomorrow to do laundry, pick up a few groceries and tackle "the list". Should make for an interesting day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment