Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Monday, January 10/2011


Another sunny day has greeted Hogan and I. He was growling something fierce this morning and when I let him out the door to deal with what ever predator he had his eye on, I noticed him hot on the tail of a jack rabbit. One of these days Hogan, one of these days!!
Larry and Ariane have decided to take another crack at finding Stanton Ghost Town so off they went.
John was busy wiring the jeep and Ben and I went for a short hike with the metal detector. Of couse we didn't "hit' on anything and I am quite convinced that there is no gold "in them there hills"!!
Ben said he saw a rattlesnake sunning itself on the tip over which is unusual considering those little vipers are supposed to be in hibernation but, I suppose there could be one out there that has managed to get it's wires crossed and is awake when it should be sleeping!! I took my camera, just in case I was lucky enough to see it and could get a pic for the blog. No luck though!! (which is probably a good thing!!)
Larry and Ariane made it back fom Stanton and this time had luck in finding it. They also checked out a couple of old cemeteries on the way back so they had a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment