Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunday, January 9/2011

Another quiet Sunday spent relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. It is still chilly at night but it is way nicer than back home. They seem to be getting back into the "cold" once again. There was a huge snowstorm in Alberta which has stranded hundreds of vehicles on the highways - nothing good can come of this. I sure don't miss this nonsense.
Tuman stopped by with one of his metal detectors for me to use. He said that now Ariane and I could go and get all the gold we could find and good luck to us. I think he had a cute little smirk on his face too!! I heartily thanked him and couldn't wait to ty it out.
Well, Ariane and I did head out into the washes with our detectors and came back no richer than when we left. We detected shotgun shells, tin cans, aluminum beer cans, a piece of coat hanger and wire from the fence in the wash. Also the metal eyelets from my hikers and Hogan's collar. Needless to say, we were rather dejected and the only thing that pulled us out of the severe depession we had fallen into was the fact that we kicked John and Larry's asses in Kaiser - so all was not lost on this day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment