Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tuesday, June 26/2012

I am up early this morning and the power is still out.  That can't be good so I am assuming that there are some major repairs that need to be done after last night's storm.  It must have been ugly around North Battleford as I saw on Facebook this morning that it was by far the worst storm that Jace has ever had to drive through as he was dodging parts of a garage that had been blown onto the highway!!  There must have been a tornado in that area.   Severe storm warnings and watches were out all day yesterday.
Gary just came over for some water.  With the power out, his pump is not working so can't get any water from the well.   We have plenty as I just filled our tank on Saturday when the kids were here.
I have stuff that needs to be mailed so will wander over to the post office and I am sure the town gossip line will have already broadcasted the reason for the power outage.
I hear a generator running over at the store now so they must be up and running again, even if it is only on half power.   At least that will keep their freezers and fridges cold (since they have been off all night).
I am back from the post office and they are closed until power is restored.  Well then, I guess I am not mailing my letters today.  I also walked to the store and they too are closed.  Rick, the owner was at the back and says he is still looking for another generator to keep his freezers cold so I hope he finds it.
When I get back to the bus, I creep the internet to see what the issue is with the power and find that nine major structures are either down or severely damaged by last night's storm and we will be without power for at least the rest of the day!!
Now that is no problem for us but Gary was worried about his fridge and freezer so we switched the cords around and Gary plugged them into the bus so that now he too has power.
Gale and Beef came over with some tomato cages and then stayed for a few refreshment.  It was wonderful chatting with them and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.  Gary joined us and the five of us blew off the afternoon.  Dave and Shirley have driven into Saskatoon to visit Shirley's parent (her Mom just had a heart attack and is still hospitalized) so are missing the day here in powerless Leoville.
Suppertime rolled around and everyone headed home.  John and I sat under the awning listening to the rain (yes, it has started again) as he cooked our supper on the bbq.  There were smells of bbq floating on the air all day today!!
An update from the power company says they are hoping to have power restored in our area by midnight tonight but I will be in bed long before that as I am headed to work tomorrow.  So, with that thought in mind, I bid you all good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment