Monday, June 18, 2012

Friday, June 15/2012

Sun has greeted us this morning and it is nice to finally see it.  Perhaps the rain and lousy weather has finally run its course and there is now blue skies in the forecast.  Now wouldn't that be wonderful for the weekend.
I just received a call from Jace and him and Kimmy will be arriving early Saturday morning as he will be getting into Saskatoon later today and spending the rest of the evening packing to come up here for the weekend.  Since I work nights tonight, that is just fine with me.  It sounds as if most of the kids will be arriving Saturday morning.    He did mention that Jimmy O is planning on arriving this afternoon so that will be awesome.  We have not had a weekend with Jimmy since last year.  Unfortunately, I will be working while him and John get to enjoy the evening.  Oh well, I will have the rest of the weekend to enjoy.
I must get the potatoes cooked for the potato salad on Sunday, that way I do not have to worry about it while the kids are here.  It will be ready so that all I need to do is add the dressing.  The same goes for the burgers and the 3 bean salad.  All will be ready when needed.  This way, I can sit and enjoy my kids and not have to worry about jumping up to prepare meals.
I got the bus loaded with water and the grey tank in empty just before the rain hit.  There was thunder and lightning like crazy.  WOW!!  It has been a while since I have heard a good thunder storm.  I was surprised that we did not lose power so that was good.
I have everything ready now so have spent the afternoon just resting and reading my novel.  The rain has finally stopped and I hope that is the last of it now.
I am off for my night shift at the "old folks" home so will sign off for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment