Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuesday, June 12/2012

It is trying hard to rain again this morning and by the looks of the upcoming forecast, it is to be raining for the next three days.  OH BOY - the trails will be sooo wet.  It is the Father's Day Quad Rally this weekend and I am sure that there will be a ton of wet riders coming off the trail.
The kids are supposed to be showing up on Friday and I am scheduled to work nights so I won't see them until Saturday.
Today, I have got to do a bit of laundry, tidy the bus, make sure Jace's trailer is clean and ready for him and Kimmy since there have been several "guests" sleeping in it already this spring and, perhaps think about cutting the grass although that just may have to wait if it starts raining (and it is trying hard to do just that!!).
I must take a minute to catch up on this blog as well as I am several days behind.  There is just not enough hours in the day for all my jobs!!
Currently the sun is shining so I am headed outside to get all the yard stuff done.  I get the yard cleaned up and then start tidying up Jace's trailer.  That is an easy job as there is only linen that has to be removed.   It is now ready of Jace and Kim when they get here.  The wet dirty clothes that apparently came out of Casey's quad box are hanging on the line getting dry and then they can go back to who ever owns them this weekend (if Casey remembers to take them!!).
I cleaned off the picnic table and now it has a tablecloth covering it.  It is about time I did that!!  I even took an SOS pad to the top of the BBQ hoping to get some of the dirt and grime off it.  Now it looks much better and ready for the upcoming weekend.
It is garbage day tomorrow so I gathered everything that needed to go in the garbage and sat the can out by the road - another job done!!
he grass is long and I have no excuse not to go and get the mower.  The sun is still shining and the cutting had better get done.  John started the mower for me and off I went.  Man, was it thick and being a little wet (from last night's rain) really did not help.  John took over for me and between the two of us, got it done.  While he was cutting, I took the shears and trimmed along the garage and the back fence so now the yard looks like someone cares about it.
When the outside was done and looking pretty snazzy, I started on the inside of the bus.  It too needs a good cleaning.  I worked until Dave wandered over with a beer in his hand and since it was WAY past happy hour, it was time to put my cleaning rags away and sit and relax.
Arlene wandered over and we sat around until Shirley got home from work.  Gary has yet to show up although he did tell Arlene that he would be late today.   Shirley stayed for two drinks then her and Dave headed home for supper.
Gary showed up and we continued to sit around the campfire under the umbrellas until the rain came down so hard that Gary and Arlene headed for home and John and I headed into the man cave for a few more.  Hogan was scared of the thunder so headed into the bus.  We sat in the man cave watching the lightning and listening to the thunder - it was awesome.  We have not heard a good thunderstorm in a long time.
Eventually we headed back into the bus for supper - pork chops with sautéed mushrooms, mashed potatoes and fresh steamed spinach.   Mmmmm, it was delicious!!
Gary, Arlene and Marie


Caught some lightning



Marie catching a spark


What a great way to finish off a rather busy but excellent day.  Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment