Monday, June 25, 2012

Thursday, June 21/2012

The sun is shining when I arise this morning and the sky is clear.  According to the weather report, it is supposed to be warm and sunny for the weekend.  Now isn't that going to be wonderful after such lousy weather for the past two weeks.  The gardens will really flourish with warmth and sunshine (not to mention the weeds).
Today I had better get some laundry done as I hate having it pile up.  That sucks.  Also, the bus is due for a sewer dump so we must do that either today or tomorrow.  With the extra folks using the "facilities" this past weekend, the tank seems to have filled a lot quicker and with Casey headed here again this coming weekend, we had better get it dumped!!  No rest for the wicked you know and there is always something to do around here.
I need to head to Spiritwood and get some paint as the ceiling in the man cave needs to be painted before any of the panelling goes up.  As anyone who knows me, I am a very messy painter and to put panelling up before I have painted the ceiling is NOT a good thing!!
With the laundry done,  I return to the bus and see Shirley in her garden once again picking weeds.  Being a good neighbour and all, I grab the necessary items and help her until finally, all that is left are two rows and since they are rather sparse in showing us what is planted in them, Shirley has decided to give it a few more days and see if more vegetables actually rise out of the ground or if we will be doing a very slow weeding, hoping not to pick any of the carrots and other stuff that is supposed to be growing there!!  It could be a tedious job but at least it is only two rows!!
Since my garden was rototilled a week later, I got a better kill on my weeds so, my garden is still looking pretty darn good as far as weeds go.  All the rows are very visible and all seems to be doing well.
I never did get to Spiritwood today so I guess the ceiling on the man cave is on hold!!
Happy hour arrived and the five of us sat around until dark.  John started a fire and supper was thrown on the grill.  Mmmm.....chicken breast.  Very tasty.
Someone really has to cut this grass.......       Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment