Friday, June 8, 2012

Wednesday, June 6/2012

I am off to work today so am up early getting ready.  Thank Heavens I ironed my uniforms!!   Hogan seems to know that I am not in my "walking" clothes because he has yet to get out of his chair.  He knows he isn't going for a walk today.
Back from work and I must say that it was a rather busy day.  I missed morning coffee break all together dealing with doctor's rounds, an admission and all sorts of silliness.  I finally got to relax during my lunch break,  then I was back at it until supper.
I am finally home and quite tired!!
Today's happy hour seems to have extended tonight and is still going on over in Gary's yard.  Once I sit and catch my breath from working, I wander over to see what every one's day was like.  Shirley had just headed home as she has to work in the morning but the rest of the troops were still partying on.
I guess John took Arlene for a jeep ride down into the block today.  Gary has been working for much of the time she has been here so John decided to take her for a jeep trip.  They went as far as Heart Lake and John says that Arlene really enjoyed the quiet solitude of the lake and made a comment that she could do some serious writing in this spot.  Apparently she is quite a writer and although she has yet to submit anything to be published, a few of her poems are framed and displayed in public.  One of her accomplishments is to have two of her poems displayed in a small tavern in Massachusetts.  This tavern is where the crew of the boat depicted in the movie  "A Perfect Storm" gathered and it is about this tragedy that Arlene wrote.  Now who would know that we have such a celebrity in our midst!!
Since I am scheduled to work again tomorrow,  it is early to bed for me.  John wandered in a short time later and it was lights out for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment