Sunday, June 3, 2012

Saturday, June 2/2012

I am up early.  I have so much to do and I am "on the clock".  I want to get my garden planted before we hit the trails today so am up early and raring to go.
I get all my seeds ready and when I go outside, I can hear Gary in his garage fixing the quad.  Hopefully he is able to make the repairs and we can go for a ride later.......after the garden is in!!
I quickly make the rows and decide where everything is going and get down to the task at hand.  I am focused and know my time is limited because once Gary's quad is ready, we will be out on the trails.
I am 3/4 of the way done when I hear Gary's quad start up and think "damn - almost finished".  I hear him take the quad for a test run and also hear noises that just should not be there.  That is not a good thing for Gary.  He tinkers a bit more with it (all the while, I am finishing up my planting) then finally comes over and says that there will be no ride today.  The parts just won't stay together so he has found a new one and it will be shipped to him on Monday.
On one hand, I am a little disappointed that there will be no ride today but on the other, I can now relax and finish my planting.   I even put the bedding plants in and it is now sink or swim time for them.  Hopefully, there is no more frost and they can just grow and produce tons of vegetables.
John is taking the chain saw to the "man cave" and there is a ton and a half of wood chips (used for insulation - back in the day) in the wall.  He tells me that we are going to burn them in the fireplace tonight and I am rather sceptical as to whether or not they will burn or just smoulder.  As it turned out, they burned beautifully and I had to admit that John was right (I damn near choked on that one!!!).
A little rain won't stop us!


Hogan can't get wet

Rain can't put it out!
John had bought an air compressor from Shirley earlier this week (it had come into the store on pawn and was now up for sale) and he asked Gary to pick it up for him since he and Arlene were heading to Spiritwood today.  They returned from their trip with the compressor in hand while John and I were sitting around the campfire under the umbrella -ella-ella as it was starting to rain.  They said they would perhaps join us after they ate supper.  As it turned out, the never appeared and John and I continued to sit around the fire until our supper was ready.  Steak and baked potatoes, mushrooms and onions and beans.  A feast fit for a king.....and queen!!
It was a busy day but a good one.   Jace called earlier and it was nice to have a little chat with him.  They are finishing up at the farm then heading out for a fishing trip so asked me to get is fishing gear out of his trailer and have it ready for his friend Josh who will be stopping by tomorrow to pick it up for him.  No problem.  He also mentioned that the Granddog Coors has a sore leg - a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and it is a $4000.00 dollar fix.  GAG!!  I said that lots of people manage to walk around with a bad ACL and so can Coors.  Guess we will wait and see what comes of this.  Poor Pup - he is not having a good year - first the mean old porcupine and now a bum leg.
All in all, it has been a good day.  Lots accomplished and that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment