Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thursday, May 31/2012

Hogan and I are off once again for our walk.  I thought that it would be getting easier since I have already been walking for two days but today seems even worse.  Oh well, I guess I will just head out and see if I can actually do the two miles today.  Of course Beef will show me no mercy!!
When I stop to pick Beef up, I notice that Sheldon  (the rototiller guy) has been around and has tilled Gale's garden.  Oh Oh, that can only mean one thing ........ she will want the garden planted.....soon!!
I no sooner get this thought out when Gale appeared at the back door informing Beef and I that she would like the garden planted TODAY!!  Oh boy - no rest for the wicked.  And here I was wondering if I would be able to walk 2 miles, now, I had to wrap my mind around planting the garden!!    Note to self - you can do this!!
Beef and I head out and although I had to stop a few times along the way, I made it.  Woo Hoo!!  Beef was showing me no mercy but did mention that should I fall down on the road and be unable to get up, he would roll me into the ditch - out of harm's way.  He is too good to me!!  My question would be, what kind of a person leaves another in the ditch for the bugs and spiders to crawl on?
I did not bother to stop for the mandatory water/gossip break as I had seeds to get and a garden to put in so Hogan and I continued to the bus.
I grabbed something to eat, gathered all the seeds I had purchased in Saskatoon and hopped into the jeep and headed back to Gale's and her garden.
Gale's hip was feeling a bit better today and although she was limping, she was indeed moving better than yesterday.  Of course she holds the title  "Supervisor of the Planting Team" so will direct Beef and I as to what seeds go where!!
With Beef making the rows and me planting the seed, it wasn't too long before the job was done.  Gale even helped cover up some of the rows which helped a lot and made the job go quicker.  We are a well oiled team!!  Two hours later, the garden was done - looks awesome - and we were sitting drinking water and admiring our handiwork.  Now we get to sit back and watch it grow.
Back at the bus, John is again busy in the shop and I take another whack at the dandelions.  There is still too many happy yellow flowers out and about so I gave them another shot of killex.
We then pack up the bus and took it over to the dump station.  It is time to dump the sewer tank and get ready for the coming weekends with the kids.  While over at the dump station, Sheldon stops by and says he will be rototilling our garden today.  Woo Hoo.  Now I can plant my own garden!!
Sheldon does indeed show up and left us with a wonderful soft tilled garden.   He was the one that originally made the garden and informed us that at the time he first tilled it, there was a lot of manure used so that is why the dirt is so awesome.  It produced well last year and I see no reason why it should not do the same this year.
Gloria (Beef's girlfriend) is driving in tonight and Beef and I head into Spiritwood to do some shopping and for Beef to meet Gloria.  He is going to take her for supper and I will drive his car back while he drives Gloria's vehicle back.  It all works out - I can get my shopping done and he gets some alone time with Gloria.
When I get back to the bus, Dave and Shirley are over for a few beverages and we sit around until it is time to think about supper.  I have to work in the morning so there is no party for Marie tonight!!  It is an early evening for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment