Friday, June 15, 2012

Thursday, June 14/2012

Another cloudy, dreary day has greeted us this morning.  I keep hearing the chant "rain, rain go away" in my head!!  Enough already!!
I will make the final sweep in cleaning the bus today, contact the kids as to who is bringing what for the weekend, go grocery shopping  and once done, will be ready to greet the weekend.
For now, I will sit and enjoy my coffee and catch up on the blog.
My work is done......all that remains is to greet the party folk.  By the sounds of things, most will be arriving Saturday morning.  It should be a fun weekend.
Today, the sun has managed to shine despite the nasty looking clouds and although we did get a bit of a rain shower for about 10 minutes this afternoon, the day has been quite pleasant.
Dave headed to Spiritwood to get the shelving unit Shirley wanted for her sewing room and when he returned we helped him get it into the house.
Happy hour arrived and  the six of us sat around sharing today's news and local gossip!!  John started a fire and we sat around until everyone headed home to enjoy their supper.  John cooked some awesome chicken breasts on the BBQ tonight.  I had it marinating all day in lemon juice and spices and it cooked up wonderfully flavourful and moist. Mmmm.
John had Gary looked at the roof of the man cave to decide where they needed to put the satellite dish so that once we get power into the place we can set up a TV.  That of course would be once the walls and everything else is done and at the rate we are going, that could be 5 years from now!!
Motley crew

Shirley talking Dave's ear off!

Gary and Arlene

Fires on!
TV rounded out our day and I was soon catching up on my beauty sleep!!  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment