Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Saturday, June 9/2012

I am dead tired when I get home this morning.  This working night shift is for the birds.  I crawl into bed knowing that in a few hours I will be up and at it again.
It is currently raining (I walked home in it!!) so I am not sure if a ride is on today's agenda.  If if keeps raining like this, basements will be flooding!!  I guess I did not have to water the garden yesterday!!
I heard the boys come into the bus so decided to get up and cook them breakfast.  John and I will not be quadding today but Casey and Dylan are planning on heading out - Oh the joys of youth!!
Once they finished eating, they get into their rain gear and head out.
John and I take Casey's truck into Spiritwood where we plan on checking out prices for the wood for the "man cave".  It is still raining and the windshield wipers are making a rather funny noise.  Neither John nor I can really pinpoint what is causing it.  Perhaps one of the wipers is touching the edge, but, they are still working and that is a good thing.
In Spiritwood, we found the door locked at the lumber yard - WHAT - on a Saturday!!  Apparently, he closed early!!
After stopping for a few groceries (I was out of ketchup - not a good thing when Casey is here!!) we noticed Gary's truck sitting in front of the bar.  We decided to go in and have a drink with him.  We found both him and Arlene sitting at the VLTs gambling their money away!!
We stayed for two then headed back to Leoville.
It was still raining on the way back and once again the windshield wipers were needed - funny noise and all.  We were about 3 miles out of Spiritwood when the passenger wiper took flight and flew off its arm!! OH NO - we have broken Casey's truck!!  Not only that, we now have to drive in this rain back to Leoville with no wipers!!  Of course John's side of the truck still had a working wiper but every time it moved, my side sounded like it was scratching the glass so we used it only sparingly and were glad that the force of the rain had lessened.
Back at the yard,  John and I hauled the campfire in a can out and set it up in the man cave as this is where we would be hanging out tonight.  We got he chairs in there and hung a tarp across the centre on the room so that it would be warmer in there.
The kids made it home totally covered in mud - no surprise there and we sat inside around the campfire partying until it was time for supper and bed.  It has been a long day for me and I was more than ready to pour myself into bed!!  Tired and Tipsy is not a good combination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment