Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wednesday, May 30/2012

The sun is shining again today and Hogan and I are off to pick up Beef and head out for our walk.  As soon as I start putting on my runners, Hogan is dancing and excited to go.  He knows we are off on another adventure.
With the rhubarb coffee cake for Beef and Gale in hand, we are off.  Hogan has to be on his leash until we are out of town and then we can let him run.  He is so busy checking out all the smells in the ditches.  I am sure he travels an extra half mile while on these walks just criss crossing from ditch to ditch in front of us!!
Another two miles behind us and we are finally back at Beef and Gale's.  Such a lovely break after the two mile trek.  Today, Gale did not join us as she is having some issues with a painful hip and finding it hard to walk today.  Hopefully that settles and she is feeling better soon.
Back at the bus,  I have a whole mess of potatoes to get ready to put into the ground.  Oh, I can hardly wait to raid the potato hills and pig out on new baby potatoes with dill!!
With that in mind, I get busy and start planting.  The area of garden that Shirley has left me is plenty big enough for the amount of potatoes that I want.  There will also be room for my herbs and the zucchini so I am even more pleased that this will free up even more space in my own garden for other things.
With the potatoes planted, I then decide to attack the dandelions in the lawn.  I soooo hate those damn things.  I mentioned to Shirley that I was on a mission the rid the grass of the evil yellow empire and she asked if I would spray hers as well.  Being the good neighbour that I am,  agreed to do this (after all she did let me use part of her garden).  With my Killex bottle in hand, I started to wage war.  Take That You Lousy Weeds!!  My inner Commando came out!!
John was busy again inside the "man cave" while I was doing the dandelion thing.  It was soon happy hour and time for all work to stop.  It was that time of day to sit and relax and simply enjoy..... life.
Supper was simple fare, nothing elaborate (not that we ever do elaborate) and TV for the evening.  Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment