Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tuesday, May 29/2012

Today, I started walking again.  It is long over due and with Beef already a week ahead of me, I had some catching up to do!!  I wasn't sure if I would be able to actually do the two mile stretch that we had established last year but I would certainly give it the old college try!!  Beef and I have a standing date for 8:30 in the morning so off I went.  Hogan was more than excited.
I did manage to get the two mile stretch under my belt but my hips and ankles were sure feeling the effects.  Man, it sure doesn't take long to get out of hiking shape!!  You would think that with all the other activity one does, it would help but really, take my word for it..... it doesn't!!
We stop at Gale's house for a mandatory gossip session after our walk where I can catch up on all the town news.  Today I see that the rhubarb is ready for use and when I leave, I have enough for two rhubarb coffee cakes.  Mmmmm  I will be baking today!!
Once back at the bus, I finished one cake (for Beef and his Mom) and had it in the oven and find that I am low on sugar for the second one.  I am headed to the store to get some supplies but stop at the town office first to pay for Hogan's dog license.  He is once again a legal part of this town!!
John started ripping the wall down between the two rooms in the "man cave" today and finds that the walls are pretty darn tough.  It is constructed with old hard fir and is nailed in a million spots.  This is not going to be an easy task but a necessary one to enlarge the whole area.  It is a good thing there is an "old" chain on the chainsaw as I am sure it will be toast by the time we are done.
Happy hour arrived and I for one was more than happy to sit and relax.  It has been a long day and I am still sore from this morning's walk.
I talked to Shirley (our next door neighbour) and she says she will not be using all her garden and I am welcome to use what she doesn't.  I am thrilled and will put all the potatoes over there.  Last year, she had someone else sharing it with her and I think the weeds were taller that the vegetables!!  I can guarantee you that this year, will be different.  You will be able to see the rows this year and not the weeds!!  I will plant potatoes tomorrow after the morning walk.  Woo Hoo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment