Friday, August 5, 2011

Sunday, July 31/2011

I worked today and the day seemed to fly by.  When I got home,  John was chatting with Dave and Shirley and eventually, he started a fire.  It is nice to come home and just relax with friends and chat about their day.
Shirley had got several of the curtains made for Jace's camper.  They looked awesome.  I didn't expect her to start on them so soon as she too has been putting in extra hours at her job in Spiritwood.  I am really pleased at how they look and how they make things so much brighter in there.  Now, if Jace spends some time fixing the roof where there is an obvious leak,  the camper will look great and last for several more years.  It is just the right size for him and Kim and the Granddog of course!!
Since Casey did not come back from the lake last night, I am wondering if he will show up tonight.  Who knows with these young people these days!!
Being that I am scheduled for another day of working tomorrow, I head to bed for my much needed beauty rest!!
Just as I start dropping off to sleep, I hear Casey returning and he comes in and tells me about some of his adventures over the past two days. It sounds like he had lots of fun.  He said that the drive home was an adventure since he decided to take the Huard Lake trail over to the North Grid.  A rather daring trip by yourself, at night and in his little Sunrunner 2WD - well, no one said he was smart!!  He said the weather was getting ugly and the sky was REALLY black.  The wind was coming up too.  But, he made it home safe and sound and that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment