Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Saturday, August 12/2011

Well, I baked the cake today and it actually turned out pretty well.  It rose enough for me to be able to cut in in half and use lemon pie filling between the layers.  Add a nice frosting and it should be a hit!!
I picked peas today then shelled and blanched them and put them in the freezer for Shirley.  She is hoping to make a pot of borscht this week using fresh garden vegetables.  It should be good!!
John and I did some measuring in the shop today and discussed what to do and where to do it!!  There is a bit more thinking needed for this operation.
I think the first thing on our agenda is to get a fence up around the property.  With both the boys having dogs and our Hogan,  it would be a big relief not to have to worry about them when they come to visit.  This town is rather persnickety when it come to dogs running "at large".  A fence would certainly cure that problem and Hogan could have even more freedom than he has now.
Dave and Shirley came for a visit and a sit around the campfire.  Shirley picked us up a couple of  "do rags" for our heads for when we are on the trails.  They have skulls on them and I am afraid that John and I will look pretty scary when we have them on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment