Friday, August 5, 2011

Monday, August 1/2011

I slept well last night knowing that Casey was home, safe and sound - once a mother, always a mother and no matter how old they get, you always worry about them.
At work, the girls were talking about the wind storm that apparently blew through town last night.  I did not hear a thing!!  The awning was still attached to the bus so it could not have blown that bad.  Surely, if the bus had been rocking and rolling, I would have woke up.  One of us would have for sure.
The wind must have been brutal though as there were reports of major damage at a resort near Big River with some pretty severe injuries to a couple of people as a result of falling trees.  There was some talk as to whether or not it was a plow wind or a tornado.  Nasty stuff but Leoville must have only caught the edge of this wind storm or believe me, there would be no awning left on the bus!!
The "troops" were sitting around the campfire when I got home again tonight and I was able to relax again surrounded by friends and family.  NICE!!
Dave had finished putting his little Sami back together and it is now sitting quite a bit higher.  He is just waitng for his new tires to arrive and he will be set.  Casey can hardly wait to take a trip out to the trails with his Dad and Dave which, could easily turn into a gong show with this bunch!!
I headed to bed while John and Casey stayed up watching TV.  I was tired and a bit cranky (hard to believe, I know).  Both John and Casey thought I was being anti-social but I didn't really care - I just wanted to go to bed (hell, I will talk to them tomorrow!!) and watch the rest of my TV program without these two losers talking through it!!  I no sooner got all settled when the door is thrown open and John, Casey and the two dogs all climb into bed with me!!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!  It is a good thing we have a queen sized bed!!  What a family I have - i am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment