Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday, August 28/2011

I am up early and notice that it must have rained during the night although I did not hear and thing!!  Hmmm!!  I noticed that Shirley was on-line so we chatted over a cup of coffee and that was rather fun.  Neither Dave nor John were up yet so we had some "girl" time!!
I must wash the outside of the windows today.  They are filthy and it is past time for them to be done.  I should also figure out how the blinds come off the windows so that they too can be washed.  I think I will start on the small bathroom blind just in case I break something.  I'd rather it be a small blind and not one of the big ones in the front of the bus.  Wish me luck!!
Timberland Church and Graveyard

Dave and Shirley

John


Mushroom Tree


Trails we are on

Break

Wolf Tracks

He's a big one!


Beverage at the snowmobile shelter

Heart Lake

John and Shirley
I procrastinated long enough with cleaning the windows so they never did get done.  Instead, we loaded the quad and hooked up with Dave and Shirley to go for a ride.  Now, what would you rather do - clean windows and blinds or go quadding.
We headed down into "the block" and had a riot.  We saw some of the biggest wolf tracks I had ever seen and that was rather fascinating and, we once again introduced Dave to more trails he had yet to travel,  eventually ending up at the south end of Otter Lake.  It is an awesome and remote site for someone who wishes to fish and camp and be totally undisturbed.  While Shirley and I were down at the lake's edge, a fish jumped - almost like he was mocking us for not having our fishing rods with us!!  Damn Fish!!
We spent the day in the forest eventually swapping quads so the Dave and Shirley were on ours and John and I each took one of theirs.  It was a riot and I enjoyed riding Shirley quad only once managing to get stuck in a deep mud puddle!!  Well, not actually stuck, as I was able to back my way out of it but not before I got my feet wet!!  It felt good to be riding my own quad and I must say that my tailbone appreciated the change as well!!  I was able to stand through some of the rough spots and that was great.
We finally got out of the block and at the cattle gate.  We had made good time but it was getting later in the day and we still wanted to see if we could make it through another trail to eventually hook up to the North Grid and head back into town that way.
Because we were going to be doing some road riding, I decided to put on my raincoat to cut some of the wind that we would be experiencing.  I went to get it out of the storage box only to discover that it was not there!!  Now where the hell did it go?  I could not remember taking it out but obviously I had.  Dave "kind of" remembered seeing me take it out but not sure where.  Either way, we had to go back and find it as I had put the cell phone in the pocket.  Oh Brother - I can't believe I lost my jacket!!
It  was 8:00 p.m. when we were headed back into the block on our search mission.  Thankfully, it was not too terribly far back  - just after the gate at Slide Out (which actually if far enough back when one is back tracking).  What I think happened is that I forgot to latch the box closed and the jacket fell out, being dragged for a ways as it was totally covered in mud.  Dave and Shirley were riding behind John and I so no one noticed they were dragging my coat, which eventually fell off the quad completely.
Since we were by the Heart Lake turnoff, we scooted down that trail for a beer and enjoy the beauty of this little lake.  The last beer in the block for tonight.
Since we had to make the unexpected return trip tonight, we put the other trail on hold and just headed home.  I guess we will leave that trail for another day.
By the time we made it back to the bus, it was 10:00 o'clock and the chicken I had put into the slow cooker before we had left was certainly cooked.   Hogan was glad to see us and I was happy to be home.  I was tired.
With a few potatoes quickly thrown into a pot and cooked a can of vegetables opened, we ate supper and relaxed for a bit before I headed into the shower to wash the dust and grime off  before collapsing into the bed.  My knees were aching and I feared that I would pay a price for riding Shirley's quad for as long as I did.   Good Night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment