Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Saturday, May 5/2012

It started raining during the night and by the time I got up around 8:00 a.m. the mud puddles had already formed and even Hogan did not want to adventure out.  Well Nature was calling so that was not even an option!!  He was in and out in about 30 seconds flat but that was long enough for him to have feet caked so full of mud that they resembled the feet of a St. Bernard!!  It took me two bowl of water to get his feet soaked clean.  Wet, I can deal with.....mud, not so much!!  Jesus Mary and Joseph, this is going to get ugly and I was glad that we would be leaving today.
John got up with in half an hour and said that we were getting the hell out of here and hoped that we were not already stuck in the mud that had already gathered around the bus.  The campground, I do not think has fully recovered from last year's flood.
We needed to put on some water so decided that we would use the campground host's faucet as it did not appear to be in as much mud as all the rest of the faucets.
I decided that instead of wearing shoes, I would slip my flip flops on and hook the hose up.  Well, before I was finished, I was ready to absolutely kill someone.  My feet were cold and they were caked with enough mud that the flip flops were more of a hazard so I ended up doing all this in my bare feet all the time cursing the powers that be and John and even Hogan and the State of Montana and anyone that came into my line of vision!!  I looked like Sasquatch and that was just plain UGLY!!
With my feet frozen, I decided that there was enough water in the bus and I would fill the water jugs.  Since I was frozen, John turned on the hot water heater so that the" Creature from the Mud Pit"  could shower and get warm.
The camp host dropped by, with her cheery little face (could have swiped some mud across it) and asked if we had stayed the night (as if she didn't know!).  I said yes and she left me with a pay envelope.  By this time, I had the water jugs out and the bus unhooked and started filling the jugs.  I noted that the water was an ugly brown colour and thought - "Holy Shit", I just put this crap into the bus!!!!   *#^*($@*
Long story short - I only filled one jug, took a shower and we continued our journey towards home.  The only good thing to be said about this whole gong show was that it had not been raining at the time.   Imagine the headlines "Camp host killed - Found lying in the mud"    Oh it could have been so much uglier!!!
Eventually we made it to Malta where we topped up on fuel and propane then headed to the border where  we would cross and finally be back in our own Country.  It started raining shortly after we left Malta and continued for the rest of the day.
Getting a little mud on the flip flops

We crossed into Canada (once again no issues at the border) and stopped for the night at the paved open area at Saskatchewan Landing.  The rain continued for the rest of the evening and into the night.  Oh well, it is not snow and that is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment