Saturday, May 12, 2012

Friday, May 11/2012

I can see sun this morning and already it is warmer than what it was all day yesterday!!   Woo Hoo!!
I am off for coffee with Jan this morning, then will buy some groceries to take up North, stop and have lunch with John's Mom and then have all my running and obligations over and done with and finally be ready to make the final 100 miles home.  Yea!!!  It will be nice to finally be there and parked, knowing that we are there till October.
Coffee at Jan's is always an adventure with the two little boys.  They are so busy, I get tired watching!!  Oh, to have that kind of energy again....
Kimmy's mom( Gloria's ) 71 Demon

Gloria was shinning it up for race day!
Lunch with John's Mom and her friend Georgie, was fun.  We sat around and chatted for about two and a half hours.  They are the two busiest girls I know and are always on the go.  They are heading up to Flin Flon Manitoba at the end of the week then, coming home then, going to Winnipeg after that.  Man, that is a lot of miles to travel but these two girls just get in the car and drive.  They are already planning a trip to Branson Missouri in November to see the Christmas lights!!  It is wonderful to just listen to them and all their plans.  With John and I buying that property in Arizona, they now have a place to stay while they tour around Arizona for part of the winter.
Once back at the bus, I unloaded the few groceries I bought then followed John over to the garage where Kim's Mom was shining up her race car for race day tomorrow.  Her and Bernie and several of their racing friends have actually rented the whole track for the day!!  Gloria's car is a sweet Demon and I am sure one of the cleanest Saskatoon International Raceway has seen.  Gloria is rather obsessive when it comes to  keeping her car clean!!  I am quite sure that it is even cleaner than a brand new car sitting on the show room floor!!
Kim arrived at the farm with nine patio blocks in the back of her truck.  John asked her to bring them home so that when we got to Leoville, we could set the fire pit on them.  Casey just happened to be with her so he helped unload them and then put them into the trailer.  I guess since I got out of this part, I will have to help unload at the Leoville end!!  It is a good thing we have that wheeler as it will make things much easier.
Gloria made a huge pot of chill for supper (she is expecting guests) and asked us to stay as well and of course it was simply delicious.  I will miss all the pampering I am getting here at the farm!!
It was soon time for everyone to call it a day and I was the first to leave (as usual).  John came home shortly there after and the kids headed back to the city as well.  It will be a busy day for everyone tomorrow as Bernie and Gloria will be at the race track all day, Tori and Kim will be working, Casey is headed to Prince Albert to test drive some quads and John and I are heading to Leoville.    We all need our beauty rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment