Saturday, May 26, 2012

Friday, May 25/2012

The sun is shining again today and the grass is 15 feet higher!!  Oh the lawnmower is calling me and I am so ignoring that call!!
Casey worked last night and got off work at 1:00 a.m. and has already called us this morning.  He is picking up his quad today and then coming up here for the weekend.  He was already at Canadian Tire buying a tow rope and small gas can for the quad.  With the 1000cc motor, he just may need an extra gallon of gas on the trail!!
Dave came by and asked if I wanted to take a quick trip into Spiritwood.   More shopping ....Of course!!  While I was in Battleford yesterday, I wanted to get more steak but just could not find anything that was decent for the BBQ.  I have had very good success finding good steak in Spiritwood so jumped into his fancy new truck and headed out.  While there I stopped and picked up a fishing license for this year so I will now be ready when either Dave or Gary invite me to go fishing with them.
With my awesome steak in hand, Dave and I headed back to Leoville.
Casey had arrived and him and John were busy putting on his quad box.  His quad is the beautiful yellow colour of the Can Am and stands quite tall as it has 29 1/2 inch tires on it.  Our quad looks like its little brother!!
Of course once the quad box was secured, Casey and John had to take it out onto the trails to see what it could do.  When they returned, John was covered in mud (Casey had put on his rain suit) and said that he managed to get Casey's machine stuck but then again, so did Casey!!  He said the new machine had plenty of power and could navigate the mud and muskeg easily.
The campfire was lit once again (the wood pile is taking a kicking) and Gary wandered over for a few beverages.
Casey showed up with his new quad

1000 Can Am XT
John manned the BBQ and we had supper when it was done.  It was early to bed for all of us.  We will have a good ride tomorrow and I will need my beauty rest.  Gary mentioned to the guys that he is hoping to have his machine fixed and tag along.  Now that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment