Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wednesday, April 14/2010





Up early and headed into Phoenix. Thank heavens for the fancy little GPS in the truck which, I have lovingly begun to refer to as "Gwen, Phyllis and Shirley" as the girls keep me on track and tell me exactly where I need to go. Did I mention that I hate driving in the big cities - especially when I don't know where I am going!!
John's surgery went well and although he is quite sore and his leg is horrifically swollen, from a nursing stand point he is doing well. He is having lots of pain and seems to quite enjoy the relief that the morphine brings. He told me that physiotherapy was in and had attempted to get him out of bed and he became dizzy and nauseated and darn near passed out. This of course if typical for the first time out of bed but he wasn't too terribly impressed. I think perhaps he is just now realizing the ramifications of this whole situation and now realizing that -- NO -- he will not be driving the motorhome back to Canada!!
I stayed as long as I could, hoping to get to speak to the surgeon (silly me) but ended up heading back to Wickenburg none the wiser. I did however take a few pics of John's fancy fixation and also, his room was right across from the heli-pad where he originally touched down here at the hospital, Neat!!
Before I left, John did get out of bed once more and managed to walk about 20 feet and back with the aid of walker, hopping on his good leg (he is non weight bearing on the left leg ). He did VERY well but, it certainly took the wind out of his sails!! It is progress though and I was quite pleased. Now - if someone would only tell us what the plans are!!!!
It was an uneventful trip back to Wickenburg and I did stop and let everyone know how John was doing. They were all wondering and all have sent their well wishes to him and have opened their hearts and their lives to me. I think John and I have made some remarkable friends since we have been here. Doesn't God work in mysterious ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment