Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday, April 17/2010











Jace and I are up early (and I mean early, 5:00am) getting ready to head back into Phoenix and pick John up. We have decided to take the tracker and some how stuff him and his leg into it. We had a couple of offers for bigger trucks but I think the tracker will be fine.
Off we go.........wish us luck!! I looked at my watch before I jump into the tracker and I see that it is only 5:00 am - WHAT, I say to my self!!!! Jace had set his alarm on his phone and I forgot that Saskatoon time was an hour ahead of us and the stupid alarm had gone off at 4:00am (Arizona time aka 5:00am Saskatoon time) instead of 5:00am!!! Oh well, we won't be late!!
We arrived at the hospital, got all the final papers and instruction, proceeded back to the waiting tracker, fashioned a cushiony "bed" and managed to get John safely inside without too much difficulty. The ride home took and hour and a half and actually went well.
Once at home, it was a relatively easy task to get him into the bus and sitting in his chair with his leg supported by the foot stool (the same one that I had cursed several times for being too big!!) John sat for a bit but I could tell he was exhausted - this was the most he had done in a week so he headed to the bed to lay down and Jace and I headed into town to pick up John's prescriptions and of course there is always "shopping" to be done!!
Jace and I arrived back at the bus just in time to get the groceries away and Erika, Lee, and Justin arrived to check on John and say goodbye before we leave for Canada. Behind them came JR and Mario - who drove in from San Diego to see John and say goodbye as well. What a nice surprise. I think our son Jace was quite shocked that we had made these kinds of friendships in the short time that we had been here. I, myself couldn't believe that JR and Mario had driven from California to see John (6 hour drive). Jana, JR's girlfriend was equally surprised that they had arrived - she had no idea that they were coming either. She didn't come today to see John because she had to work.
Everyone crowded into the bus to chat with John and eventually we all moved outside (even John) and sat in the shade as it was 85 degrees (maybe higher) out. Jace was sitting in the sun hoping to get a quick tan before heading back. He wanted tan marks on his feet from his flip flops so he could make his girlfriend jealous!!
Anyway, it was a good day - but LONG and John is back where he is supposed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment