Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday, April 16/2010




Up early for the trek into town. This journey will be a pleasure as Jace is scheduled to arrive at 1:00pm and it is going to be a surprise for John. The trip in went faster than usual and I find that I am not nearly as nervous driving these busy roads. Reminds me of Chicago when I was hauling RVs. I'm getting good at this!!
John doing okay, walking with more confidence but remains pretty darn weak. Lots of swelling remains but I know that will take quite a while to reduce down. His appetite remains quite poor and I am hoping that will improve in the near future. He needs his protein and veggies to heal.
Jace arrived and I do believe John was pleased. He had sort of been dragging his ass for the morning and once Jace arrived he perked up and actually joined in the conversation. This is the first time since the accident that he had smiled.
We finally got an answer as to when John can be discharged and how he will be travelling home. Tomorrow is the day and he will be coming home with Jace and I in the motorhome. Perhaps there is a reason why I bought that fancy recliner for the living room. I think Hogan just lost his chair!!
The trip home was uneventful and we stopped to say Hi to the girls on the way by and Jace met all the crazies!! The look on his face when Erika started the snorting was priceless. As Erika would say " that is funny shit"!!
Finally back at the bus to see the dog and cook supper, answer emails and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment