Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Saturday, April 24/2010









Woke up early, ready to start this rig and head home - only one problem - the guys are still sleeping!! If I make enough noise, I am sure I can wake them both up!! The great thing about this spot in Turner Montana is that I can let the dog out and he can run and get some much needed exercise without the risk of getting hurt or run over. Turner has this user friendly rest area, complete with grass and the occasional rabbit to entertain Hogan. Too bad we are in such a hurry to get home!!
Once the boys finally got up and the bus made "road ready" (no flying objects while driving), Jace turned the key and NO GO!!!! Pardon!!! The engine was dead - WHAT --- I'm 15 miles from Canada and we are broke down!!! In my horror, I look accusingly at John - "this is all your fault" I think.....I should really give that leg of yours a smack!!
Between John and Jace they did figure out the problem and we were finally on our way HOME. What a lovely word!!
Next hurdle - the border crossing and the custom's officials. Sailed through without any problems - had to pay duty on the extra booze we brought home but other than that it was a breeze. We are finally back in Canada - thank you Lord and thank you Jace for coming to save Dad's and my ass!!
It was 6:30 by the time we were finally settled into Larry and Ariane's driveway. Casey was there waiting to help with what needed to be done and John and I just sat there looking like the King and Queen!! We had lots of company and John was quite tired when finally everyone left. I am sure glad to be home and will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment