Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday, April 12 /2010






Awake early as usual and I see an email from my sister which contains a thousand and one questions so, I have my work cut out for me this morning!! Word has gotten out about the accident so the phone (when it is working out here) has been busy. Erika, who lives with one of the Wickenburg police officers called and said to let Lee know when I am going into the department and he will meet me there, deal with whatever needs to be dealt with then will take me to the bike to pick up anything that was in the trunk. I am truly grateful for the friends we have met while staying here in Wickenburg.
I FINALLY got hold of SGI and now don't feel so lost as to what to do next. PS and by the way, the 1-800 number does not work down here in Wickenburg - how silly is that!! The motorcycle looks to be a complete write off. There is extensive damage from the front to the back. There are missing parts - like the forks and the floor boards !! What a colossal mess. The fire hydrant that he hit is lying beside the bike - an eerie reminder that this accident could have been so much worse. Now I know what his left leg hit!! I think John's motorcycle angel was definitely sitting on his shoulder. According to the police report, John was found 23 feet from the bike and the fire hydrant had moved 10 feet from it's original position. Man and motorcycle vs wildlife and fire hydrant ----- man and motorcycle lose!! The last picture is the brand new fire hydrant, replaced two days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment