Sunday, November 16, 2014

Saturday, November 15/2014

It is dreary out this morning. The clouds are hanging real low on the mountains and it looks like they just may have snow in them. No sooner said than wham......it started snowing and did not really let up all day.
Mitch headed home to Payson and thought that, although he had planned on returning to Nephi later today, that probably would not be happening because of the weather. There is no point driving on shitty roads if you don't have to and no one knew what the remainder of the day would bring.
Kay and I decided to head out to get our shopping done and get back before the roads got totally awful. As it turned out, they were wet but not icy so I was very thankful of that.
We got all the shopping done and headed home.
If this pot luck get together happens on Monday, I will be making some Japanese Chicken Wings so now I have all the necessary ingredients after today's shopping spree!!
Back at home, Kay and I made lunch and enjoyed Chili Cheese Dogs. I am still not too sure what the phenomena about these rather nasty creations is (must be an American thing!) but I managed eat most of mine!! Kay loves them!!
With the groceries put away, Kay and I did some laundry and enjoyed a light hearted movie staring Reese Wotherspoon.
It continued to snow through out the day with the temperature dropping as evening progressed.
John finally joined us later on in the afternoon and we decided to start watching the TV series Sons of Anarchey. Kay has the first 5 or 6 seasons on DVD so we spent the evening and half the damn night watching the show. Man, it grabbed you and pulled you in like a magnet. What a great series. I had several good things about it and now I know why.
Partway through the evening, I made burgers and fries for supper and finally at 2:00 a.m. we finally said "that's it, time to go to bed!"
It was sooo chilly in the camper (damn, I wish I would have checked earlier in the evening) that we had to start the propane heater as well as the little electric one that had been doing well keeping up to the falling temperatures until today!! OMG....the sheets on the bed were very chilly and I let John get into bed first to warm them up!!
All in all, it was another good day here in Nephi but I sure won't be sad to see the end of the snow and cold. Tuesday's departure date can not come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment