Sunday, November 16, 2014

Friday, November 14/2013

It is concert day today!! Mitch is supposed to be coming tonight and it will be so good to see him. Haven't had a big strong "Mitch" hug in 6 months!!
I thought I would make a pot of chili to have on the stove for whoever wanted to eat before the concert so I will get that started soon so it has time to blend all its fantastic flavours.
Kay has not left for work yet as the job is on "hold".  There must be bad weather at the job site. Maybe she will get the day off and we can go shopping!!
Unfortunately, she got the call to go to work at 9:30.....drats....so much for a shopping day!!
I got the chili going, jumped into the shower and got ready for the day.
Kay arrived home from work early and to our surprise, informed us that today was her last day of work. She is done for the season and now we can be on our way further south.
We will take the weekend to get things cleaned up then head out on Monday or Tuesday.
Mitch arrived about  6:00 o'clock with my quilt his sister sewed me in hand. It is lovely and is reversible!! It is certainly heavy too and I am sure that my shoulders will be protesting when I make the bed!!
We all got ready and headed over to the Bellamy Brothers concert. The Salt Creek Lounge was booming. John had seen the tour bus pull in earlier along with the accompanying band vehicles.
Bill, the owner of the venue sat us in VIP seating so we had a birds eye view of the stage. We could have actually sat front row and centre but we thought that it might be just a bit too loud sitting directly in front of the speakers so opted to sit off to the side. The seats proved to be great!!
The introduction band was a local band and they were able to et the crowd primed for the Brothers.
Bill came up to us and said to meet him by the front door and he would take the four of us out to the tour bus so that we could meet the Bellamy Brothers.
That experience alone was great. We sat and had a quick chat, had our pictures taken with them and got our keepsake Confederate flags signed. I even had two flags so now, we have one for the man cave back home and one for the man cave in Arizona. It was quite an honour meeting them and out of the whole joint, we were the only ones to get to go on their tour bus and meet them. It pays to have friends in high places. For this, we must extend our thanks to Bill and Maureen, the owners of the Salt Creek Lounge and of course to Kay who introduced us to them a few years ago.
The concert was phenomenal. I recognized all but two of their songs and spent the evening singing along!! I even got up for a few dances (and now my hip is totally thanking me!!).
The whole evening was great and we got to reconnect with so many of the people we had met here in town over the last few years.  Now, I think there is some kind of pot luck being planned for Monday as a final "get together" before we head to Arizona.
Of course, tonight was a rather "late" night and finally, in the wee hours of the morning, we shut the lights out and headed to bed.

The Bellamy Bros bus pulling in

On the bus with a couple good ol boys!

Us with Howard and David



Mitch spent the night in the recliner in Kay's trailer and he was asleep before everyone!!
Tomorrow, Kay and I have some shopping to do and I fear, the morning light will come all too soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment