Friday, November 30, 2012

Tuesday, November 27/2012

I am up early this morning, the sun isn't even up yet!!  I slept well so should be good to go when the renos get underway.
I looked outside and saw Turbo (Ray and Kay's cat) walking along the top of the cement wall that is our back fence so he is obviously checking out the neighbourhood for any nefarious creatures.  Hogan is up on the dash ready to chase him.....oh, if only he too could get up on that wall!!  There would be some commotion then!!
There has been some interest in the abandoned trailer that we started cleaning out and today, Ray has decided that the job needs to be finished as the person interested in it would like to move in at the end of the month!!  Oh Dear, that only leaves us 3 days to get everything done!!  Ray headed into town to get some plumbing supplies while Kay and I got busy hauling more crap out and onto the trailer.  Another dump/recycle run will be needed.  Kay and I managed to clear the trailer of everything except the huge home gym thing the fellow had.  It is huge and will require some disassembling to get it out the door.  Definitely NOT looking forward to that!!
Once we got everything out of the house, we started on the final clean up of the yard.  John came over and did some heavy lifting and by the time Ray got back, the yard was clean and tidy.  Man, Kay and I can really get stuff done when we set our minds to it.
By the early afternoon, the plumbing was fixed, the trailer almost empty (still have to deal with that weight lifting thing) and the yard was clean.  I now have an old antique table, a dresser and desk in the yard and I am not sure what I am going to do with any of it but I could not bring myself to leave these antiques in the abandoned trailer.  There is a label on the chair that goes with the desk so I must "google" it and see what I find.
John worked a bit more on the floor in our trailer while Kay and I were busy with the other trailer but he said that I am scheduled to help him tomorrow - no excuses!!
We have been invited over to Mitch's tonight for supper so we all headed over there shortly after 3:00.  I quickly did up some potatoes with fresh carrots, celery and onions mixed with onion soup mix and took them over while Ray wrapped up some potatoes to be baked and brought salad.  Mitch supplied the steak and the new BBQ!!
We had a few games of horseshoes while the meal cooked and I must say that Kay kicked all our asses!!  She is deadly at this game and no one is really surprised when she gets both her horseshoes around the peg scoring 6 points!!  At one point, she was spotting us points!!  John actually beat her in one game but she spotted him 15 points!! Hell, the game only goes up to 21 and the end score was 21 to 19 so she was gaining on him fast!!
Mitch's new BBQ

Mitch and Kay

Moon coming up


Great sunset


Finally, our meal was ready and we got a reprieve form the horseshoe humiliation.  Supper was awesome and the new BBQ worked like a charm although Mitch was not the chef.  John took on that job and as usual, cooked a good steak.  There were plenty of leftovers for Mitch for tomorrow.
There were a few more games of horseshoes after supper and eventually a campfire was started.  Mitch has a huge fire pit and in no time at all, it was radiating awesome heat to take the chill off the air.
There was an awesome sunset tonight and I managed to get a few nice pics.  I also got a pic of the moon coming up and in one, the saguaro where framed by the moon so hopefully that one makes it to this blog.
Eventually, it was time for me to head home.  My bathtub was calling to me and I wanted to give John's Mom a call.  She arrived home today from a long bus tour to Branson, Missouri and surrounding area so I wanted to touch base with her.  I bet they had a blast.
Ray arrived home about an hour after I did as it was time for him to call it a night as well.  It is hard to let your hair down and party when one is "on call" for the park everyday, all day long.  Being the manager of the park has its benefits and its drawbacks.
Of course John, Mitch and Kay continued to party until midnight when they too decided to head to their beds.  All in all, it was another good day with us getting a lot of work done and then taking some time to relax and enjoy the rest of the day with good friends, good food and some fun (even if we did get our asses kicked in horseshoes!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment