Friday, November 23, 2012

Monday, November 19/2012

Laundry day today.   Wow, one of my most favorite things to do although, I can do some reading so I guess it is not all bad now is it?
Should be another nice day as the sun is shining like crazy so life is good!!
It took two hours to do the laundry.  For some reason, the clothes just did not seem to want to dry.  I don't really know who got all those clothes dirty anyway,  I swear it wasn't me!!
With the laundry done, I headed over to Safeway and finally, after being here almost a week, have replenished the fridge and cupboards.  We are now "good to go" for a day or two!!
When I got back to the bus, John was already starting the renos.  He had put some light fixtures up and now I have light in the back bedroom and the hallway.  Together, we figured out how much wood we would need for to finish the walls and floor and decided where we wanted the stove/oven to sit in the kitchen.
Kay and Ray headed over to visit Ray's brother (who had just arrived for the winter here in Wickenburg) and John and I sat out in the yard watching the bunnies and the birds.  Man, do we live an  exciting life or what!!
While we we sitting there, Hogan went on "alert" and John said "what the hell is that coming through the trees?".  Ya, ask the blind girl!!!!  Geez Louise!!  I assumed it was a Javalina, instead, it turned out to be a rather large, tall coyote.  I said to John that it looked like it was limping and he said that indeed it was trotting on only three legs.  Hogan was itching to give chase but I am sure, even with only three legs, the coyote would have taken care of "the city dog" in no time!!
Of course the "chill" came with the lowering of the sun but it was time to think about supper anyway so we went inside.  The news (we watch Saskatchewan's news here) was on and John usually likes to watch that.
We spent a quiet evening and it was good to just sit and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment