Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friday, November 16/2012

Oh the sun is shining and once again it looks like it is going to be another great day.  After spending some time on the computer checking up on all the "kids" back home, Hogan and I went outside to check things out.  There were a few birds pecking around in the birdseed I threw out yesterday and of course Ray had already been out and fed the desert creatures earlier this morning.
I didn't see any javalina today but assume they had come and gone without me noticing.  They are quite stealthy creatures and Hogan is often the one to signal their arrival.  He has a "hate on" for them.  Perhaps he remembers the war wound he received last year from one of them!!
Today Ray, Kay and I went over to the abandoned trailer here in the park and got some more junk loaded onto Ray's trailer.  It was getting pretty full so John took our trailer to the car wash so that we could park it in our driveway and free up their truck (which we used to move our trailer) so that it could be used to take the trailer full of junk to the dump.  Sounds a bit confusing!!  Anyway, Ray will do a dump run tomorrow and then we can start on another load.  We will soon have all the junk out of there and then start the cleaning.  Whatever repairs that are needed can be done after the cleaning and the unit  can then be put up for sale by the owner of the park.
Once that was done and none too soon either  (it was getting mighty HOT out and time for a rest) we relaxed a bit before I had to head down to the local Verizon store and deal with the phone issue.  Once again, we had absolutely NO phone service.  We had upgraded to a new and fancy "smart" phone before leaving home and was once again (shades of 2 years ago) assured that this phone would work in Arizona.  WRONG - why can't things be simple.  Gosh, we are not in some third world country!!  Our neighbours have the same phone as we do and they have service so what is the damn problem?
Back from the Verizon store and I now have a "Pay as you Go" phone.  The fellow that helped me said that he could not help me!!!  THANKS ANYWAY.  That is why I now have a pay as you go so now  have to activate it and see what happens!!  There are just some days that technology is not my friend - maybe I am lost in the 60s!!
Keith and Charlotte came for a visit and stayed for the evening.   As the evening progressed, John started a campfire and we sat around it chatting and enjoying the evening.  Keith is our resident computer geek so I handed my fancy "smart" phone to him to see if he had any ideas as to why I had no service here and he mentioned that I may need a new mini Sim card as the one I got with the phone was not recognized here.  I should head back to the Verizon store tomorrow to see if that is a possibility.
Meanwhile, Ray's phone had an issue with "present location" weather  so Keith did his magic and fixed both his and Kay's weather information.  Gosh, why couldn't my phone be an easy fix!!  I could fix the damn thing with a hammer, that is for sure, then it could show me just how "smart" it really was.  No frustration here!!
Keith and Charlotte totally enjoyed traveling this summer and have now "caught the bug".  They do not plan on staying here in Wickenburg this winter, instead, are answering the call of the open road.  They both seem happy and had several stories about their travels that they shared with us.  It was awesome to see them again and I can only wish them tons of good luck and safe travels.  We will, most definitely see them again at some point.
The campfire eventually died out and everyone took to their beds.  Tomorrow is another day and more adventure awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment